The world’s agri-food supply chains are being challenged: 30 percent of available energy worldwide is used for producing and processing food. Sustainable energy solutions in agri-food chains are required to enhance food and energy security.
In order to distribute and disseminate knowledge about sustainable energy solutions, the 8-week Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) called “Powering Agriculture | Sustainable Energy for Food” was held in Spring 2016. Nearly 1,400 people around the world took part, two thirds of them living in countries of the global south.
The reader comprises:
- The Energy-Agriculture Challenge
- Climate Change
- Energy Input in Agricultural Value-Chains
- Renewable Energy Resources and Technology
- Energy Efficiency in the Energy Agriculture Nexus
- Policies and Regulations for the Energy Agriculture Nexus
- Energy and Agriculture on a Micro Level
- Business Models for Projects in the Energy Agriculture Nexus
- MOOC Archive: Powering Agriculture | Sustainable Energy for Food
- Knowledge Portal: Energy/Agriculture Nexus Wiki
- Contact: Powering.Agriculture@giz.de